About Stelicious.com

This is a private, intimate blog dedicated to one of my passions and hobbies. Cosmetics and Hair! As you can quickly tell I remain very dedicated to the MAC cosmetic line. I have no affiliation to MAC other than as a consumer. All material and posts written here are purely my thoughts and ideas and opinions, unless otherwise explained. If you have any questions of concerns or comments feel free to email me or leave a comment on the individual posts. Also, you want to do a link exchange, drop me a note.Please enjoy your stay. -Stella




Friday, March 21, 2008

My Thoughts on the Heatherette Color Story from MAC

Soooo. Heatherette is exciting huh? hmmmmmm
Okay so, Heatherette has indeed had me excited for the past month, right after Fafi left me lil disappointed. And for the past week I have been previewing swatches and notice I was becoming less and less enthused. To me, this line is absolutely nothing unique overall. I will throw some exceptions in there, like the patent leather lashes and the dual pencils. But even with the exceptions there are exceptions like the idea of dual pencils are cool but the half the colors suck.

I think what it was for me was the package is so stimulating. The eyeshadow trio packaging is slick even though the colors are super duplicates! I really doubt I will be purchasing anything from this collection now.

side note: I already had Jardin Aires pigment from the Strange Hybrid collection last year and it is a pretty pretty goldish tan color but it is flaky, chunky and has a mega frosty finish. Why re-release this MAC? I still love you though.

Swatches here

1 comments:

Amina said...

I understand how you feel. I wasn't impressed either and when items started flying off shelves, i paid more attention to the swatches, videos and decided to get Style Minx. I have nothing like that in my traincase and that way i get one heatherette item. The rest, i passed!
The same thing happened with Fafi. I was saving for months, got Sassed up and Hipness, returned them and now i've just ordered one lipstick that will go with the ones that i already have. Less hauls, more $$ in the savings