About Stelicious.com

This is a private, intimate blog dedicated to one of my passions and hobbies. Cosmetics and Hair! As you can quickly tell I remain very dedicated to the MAC cosmetic line. I have no affiliation to MAC other than as a consumer. All material and posts written here are purely my thoughts and ideas and opinions, unless otherwise explained. If you have any questions of concerns or comments feel free to email me or leave a comment on the individual posts. Also, you want to do a link exchange, drop me a note.Please enjoy your stay. -Stella




Friday, February 29, 2008

Review of New St Ive's Olive Scrub



Re-energize your skin for a healthy glow with our Olive Scrub. Fortified with olive oil, rich in Omega 3 & 6, to deeply hydrate. With natural anti-oxidants, like olive leaf extract to nourish the skin. And all-natural exfoliants to leave skin feeling soft, smooth and moisturized. -St Ives

I picked this new product up to try out as a new exfoliator from Walgreens and Paid 5.99. Here is my review

Smell and Packaging: The smell is great; a refreshing and light clean smell. I like the packaging too although I would like more ounces for what I paid. It is a slender squeeze bottle and I do prefer squeeze over pump for any creams.

Formula: The scrub glided on and spread pretty easily. I would say I didn't use more than a dime size amount. There were microbeads but not a lot which to me is a good thing because then it didn't feel too abrasive. Now, I would recommend smooth long strokes as I think too many women use scrubs in a fast and rough manner and then later complain of how it was the product that damaged their skin. Washing the scrub off was interesting because the cream was easily splashed away but the beads found their way down my neck and I one passed my lips and I ended up ingesting it. Eeeggh! But eventually I got them all off my face.
Also, as I splashed and glanced in the mirror I noticed the water beading up onmy skin much like how rain does on a freshly waxed car.
Overall: I like this scrub, I know I only used it twice but I will say that it made my skin feel fresh and renewed even though there was slightly tight dry feeling on my cheeks. But I think I will only be using this at night like 1 or 2 times a week and at night right before my night cream.

Will update if needed!

0 comments: