About Stelicious.com

This is a private, intimate blog dedicated to one of my passions and hobbies. Cosmetics and Hair! As you can quickly tell I remain very dedicated to the MAC cosmetic line. I have no affiliation to MAC other than as a consumer. All material and posts written here are purely my thoughts and ideas and opinions, unless otherwise explained. If you have any questions of concerns or comments feel free to email me or leave a comment on the individual posts. Also, you want to do a link exchange, drop me a note.Please enjoy your stay. -Stella




Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Sanitary Tip - Creams

I often wonder why some cosmetic and skincare companies still put product in open face jars. It isn't exactly sanitary and product can spoil more quickly than squeeze tube or pump as it exposes to air everytime you open the jar. However, they still do, so what we can do is follow one simple step to avoid contamination and increase the length of the product.
Everytime you stick your fingers in the jar to scoop out product, you are contaminating it with dirt and oil from your fingers. So I recommend using a plastic cosmetic spatula.

The WRONG Way The RIGHT Way

I use the Face Secrets spatulas from Sally's. You get a dozen for 1.29. You can reuse them as long as you clean often.

1 comments:

Amina said...

I never thought about this! It's true that we're just adding bacterias, dirt and other yucky stuff to the cream. That's why i usually get a tube with a dispensable pumper. Thank you for the advice:)